Roger Williams first settled here after he was banished from Salem, MA in 1636 and spent several winter months sheltered at Margaret’s Rock in what is now Warren, RI.
A granite tablet in front of the site of the original Roger Williams Spring sits across the street from the pond. A small sign on a telephone pole marks the location. (click to enlarge)
The tablet is a gift from the Roger Williams Family Association and was placed in 1975 replacing a bronze plaque placed in 1936.
Click here for the Roger Williams National Memorial web site.
Click on the map below for a Google satellite map.
The site is located about 50 yards north of the Daggett House at Wilson and Roger Williams Avenue in East Providence, RI.