William Hunt House – Seekonk By admin On December 18, 2017 The William H. Hunt was constructed on 50 acres of land at 385 Jacobs Street in Seekonk (then Rehoboth) in 1690. The eastern half of the house was built as a stone-ender. Early photos of the house show how it appeared with the western addition. According to history, the building was a roadside tavern used by travelers going from Providence to Taunton-Brockton. Later the building was used as a residence and the land for farming. Click here for a 54-minute video about the four oldest houses in Seekonk by the Seekonk Historical Commission. Click here for a pdf copy of the History of Rehoboth, Massachusetts (1643-1918) by Rev, George Tilton. Click on the map below for a Google map of the location.