A group of eight people was led to Margaret’s Cave, the place where Roger Williams was sheltered during the winter of 1636 before going on to Omega Pond.
Providence College American Studies Department Chair Keith Morton greets Helen Davis before leading the group from his farm in Warren to Margaret’s Cave.
East Providence Historical Commission member Steve Greenleaf follows Keith along a path to the Cave.
In photos taken earlier in the year, the Cave is clearly visible an the south end of a rock ledge that runs for about a quarter of a mile.
Lende McMullen and Elissa Tardiff of the Carpenter Museum in Rehoboth ask Keith some questions on the way back to his barn to get out of the rain.