17th Century MeetUp Group Visits the Martin House By admin On August 26, 2018 0 The 17th Century Rhode Island MeetUp group met at the Martin House on August 26th for a tour conducted by student volunteer docents who described the contents of the house and nearby barn. The Martin Farmhouse on Stoney Hill Road and Route 6 in Swansea, MA, dates to 1728, but it is quite likely that a house was constructed on the site prior to 1700. The site is owned and operated by the National Society of Colonial Dames of America. Afterwards, the group gathers at the nearby Myles Garrison site where Sowams Heritage Area Coordinator Dave Weed read excerpts from Nataniel Philbrick’s Mayflower about the start of the King Philip War that occurred there in 1675. Click here for a 47-minute video of the house tour.